College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
College Level Examination Program – CLEP offers exams in five subject areas, covering material taught in courses that you may generally take in your first two years of college. Most CLEP exams are designed to correspond to one-semester courses, although some correspond to full-year or two-year courses.
Registering for CLEP exams at Camden County College
- To register for CLEP testing, please go to clep.collegeboard.org
Here you will complete the CLEP Registration Form. Effective July 1, 2019, the CollegeBoard CLEP fee will be $89 per exam. The total fees will be $104 ($89 CLEP fee + $15 CCC Proctoring Fee). Once you have completed the registration process, you will be provided a CLEP Registration Ticket to print out. Hand-deliver or mail a copy of the CLEP Registration Ticket to the Camden County College Testing Center with the $15.00 administrative fee (non – refundable), payable to Camden County College (money order only.)
- Please remember to write your phone number and your email address on the CLEP Exam Registration Ticket prior to sending or delivering it to the Camden County College Testing Center.
- Please call the Testing Center for CLEP schedule.
- CLEP Testing is offered by appointment only. No walk-ins can be accepted. Appointments will be made after the CLEP Exam Registration Ticket and $15 administrative fee have been received by the Camden County College Testing Center.
- Students are responsible for contacting the school they attend to confirm what tests they must take, whether optional essays are required and how credit will be awarded.
- Photo I.D. is required to take CLEP Exams. Please visit clep.collegeboard.org for a listing of acceptable IDs and other information.
- The Camden County College Testing Center is located in the Blackwood Campus Library, 2nd Floor, Room 200.
Camden County College Testing Center
PO Box 200
Blackwood, NJ 08012
856-227-7200 ext. 4034
A list of CLEP exams we accept:
|CLEP General Exams||Camden County College Equivalent||Credits|
|*College Mathematics||MTH-107 Math for Liberal Arts||3|
|College Composition – please contact Testing Center to register for correct exam (College Composition Modular)||No equivalent||0|
|Humanities||TRN-HUM LS/Humanities Elective||3|
|Natural Sciences||TRN-SCI Science Elective||3|
|Social Sciences & History||TRN- SOC Social Science Elective||3|
|CLEP Subject Exams||CCC Equivalent||Credits|
|American Government||POL-103 American Federal Government||
|History of the U.S. I: Early Colonizations to 1877||HIS-121 U.S. History I||3|
|History of the U.S. II: 1865 to the present||HIS-122 U.S. History II||3|
|American Literature||ENG- 281 American Literature I||3|
|Analyzing and Interpreting Literature||ENG-121 Intro to Literature||3|
|Calculus||MTH-140 Calculus I||4|
|*College Algebra||MTH- 114 College Algebra for Business & Social Science||3|
|*Pre-calculus||MTH-125 Accelerated Pre-calculus||4|
|****French Language (Levels 1 & 2)||Level 1 score – FRE-101, FRE-102
Level 2 score – Level 1 credits & FRE 201
|****German Language (Levels 1 & 2)||Level 1 score – GER-101, GER-102
Level 2 score – Level 1 credits & GER 201
|****Spanish Language (Levels 1 & 2)||Level 1 score – SPA-101, SPA-102
Level 2 score – Level 1 credits & SPA 201
|English Literature||ENG 261 English Literature I||3|
|***College Composition Modular||ENG-101 English Composition I||3|
|Chemistry||CHM-101, CHM-102 General Chemistry I, II||8|
|Human Growth and Development||PSY 109 Developmental Psychology||3|
|Information Systems and Computer Applications||CSC-101 Computer Literacy||3|
|Introduction to Educational Psychology||PSY-103 Educational Psychology||3|
|Introductory Business Law||LAW-101 Business Law||3|
|Introductory Psychology||LAW-101 Business Law||3|
|Introductory Sociology||SOC-101 Intro to Sociology||3|
|Principles of Management||MGT-102 Intro to Management||3|
|Principles of Macroeconomics||ECO-101 Macroeconomics||3|
|Principles of Microeconomics||ECO-102 Microeconomics||3|
|Principles of Marketing||MKT-101 Principles of Marketing||3|
|Western Civilization I: Ancient Near East to 1648||HIS-111 Western Civilization I||3|
|Western Civilization II: 1648 to the Present||HIS-112 Western Civilization II||3|
|Financial Accounting||No equivalent||0|
* Effective 6/2/12 the following credit will be given to CCC students: College Math= 107, College Algebra= 114, Pre-Calculus = 125
***College Composition Modular – The CCC English Department requires an essay. Please contact Testing Center for more information before registering.
****Effective 1/1/16, CLEP Language Level 2 changing from 12 credits to 9 credits.