Online education gives you the option of taking a course or even getting a degree or certificate without ever stepping into a classroom.
We offer a wide variety of over 170 online courses and most credits will transfer to a four-year school.
Whether you’re a current college student wanting to save money or getting ahead during a break, or a stay-at-home parent who wants to earn a degree while caring for your children, taking an online course is a great, flexible and affordable way to get an education.
Online Learning Benefits
- Save time traveling to campus multiple days of the week.
- Save time by not waiting on campus between classes.
- Save transportation costs such as gas, repairs, bus fare, and so on.
- Save childcare costs such as babysitters, daycare centers, and camps.
- Flexibility to work at your pace while meeting deadlines.
- A flexible school schedule allows you to focus on other aspects of your life.
- Optimize your learning, master content, and achieve higher grades!
Blended or Online
Find out what format works best for you.
Blended classes (also known as hybrid classes) meet on campus at designated days and times, but also utilize technology outside of the classroom. For example, a traditional class may meet Tuesday & Thursday from 12:30 to 1:45 p.m. That same class offered as a hybrid would meet only one day per week. The rest of the coursework would be done online via the College’s learning management system, Canvas. This is an excellent option for students who prefer regular interaction with their teacher and classmates and are nervous about a fully online class.
Online classes allow students the flexibility of learning anywhere and anytime. All instruction, coursework, and testing is done online via the College’s learning management system, Canvas (unless specified in the professor’s syllabus). Students interact with their professor and classmates in a virtual classroom by participating in assignments, forum discussions, reading materials, viewing videos and taking online exams.
Blended courses are denoted by an HB in the section number and online courses with an OL.
For example, ENG-101-01HB or ENG-101-OL9.