Home » Police Academy
The Police Academy at
Camden County College
In-service Training Alert!
The Camden County College Police Academy made a decision to postpone the below listed in-service training classes for September, October, November, and December, 2020. The Academy will contact you when we confirm new dates to re-schedule these classes. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Police Academy at 856-374-4950 0r 856-374-4986.
- Crime Scene Investigation – September 7-11, 2020
- Effective Interaction w/Mentally ill Persons – September 2, 2020
- Rapid Deployment Response to Active Shooters – September 9-18, 2020
- Subgun Operator Course – September 7-8, 2020
- Explosives & IED Familiarization – October 1, 2020
- Street Survival – October 19-23, 2020
- Sudden Death Investigation – October 14-16, 2020
- Field Training Officer Preparation – October 14-16, 2020
- Child Abuse for the Detective & Patrol Officer – November 10-11, 2020
- Effective Report Writing – November 11, 2020
- Understanding & Surviving Critical incidents / Stress Management – December 3-4, 2020
Thank you for choosing the Camden County College Police Academy for your In-service Training needs!
The Camden County College Police Academy was established in 1988 and is certified by the New Jersey Police Training Commission to offer basic police officer training, basic county corrections officer training, SLEO II officer training, SLEO I officer training, and juvenile detention officer training. The academy is a partnership with Camden County College, the Camden County Prosecutor’s Office and the Camden County Chiefs of Police. In addition to the basic courses, the academy offers in-service training courses and specialty training courses taught by dedicated law enforcement educators. The academy is located at the Lakeland Campus of the Camden County College on Woodbury-Turnersville Road in Blackwood, New Jersey.
Is to provide the highest level of training for our Law Enforcement Community and to enhance the quality of police professionalism through education. Our Academy shall remain at the forefront of PERF, ICAT and the national standards of use of force and de-escalation training.
Orlando Cuevas, Director of Police Academy
Captain Kevin Lutz, Deputy Director of Academy
Patricia Steiner, Administrative Assistant
Sue Hanstein, Administrative Assistant
Sgt. George Pizzo, Chief Corrections Instructor
856-227-7200 ext. 4059
Sgt. Anthony Aceto, Chief Instructor
Robert Doyle, In-Service Training / Alternate Route Program Coordinator
C/O James White, Range Master
Basic Class for Police Officers (BCPO )
Basic Class #77 started on August 17, 2020 and will graduate on January 7, 2021.
The Police Academy is located at the Camden County College Regional Emergency Training Center.