Update concerning Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The College is open virtually while our campus is closed. We are here to assist you.
COVID-19 Updates | Virtual Instruction | Student Technology Survey
Veteran Services - Camden County College

Veteran Services

Pursuing higher education is a major step in transitioning from military to civilian life. The staff of the Veteran Services Center is here to help you use your benefits to achieve a successful future through a college education.

When you enroll at Camden County College, you’ll find a community of faculty and staff dedicated to helping veterans achieve their education and career goals. You can choose from a variety of academic programs that make achieving your educational and career goals convenient, including online programs of study, day, evening and weekend schedules. Our degree and certificate programs can help you enter the job market or you can continue at a four-year institution through our transfer programs.

In addition, Camden County College has established relationships with the Camden County Department of Veterans Affairs and Camden County Mental Health Centers to assist you with your transition to college and civilian life.

Services Available for Veterans and Veterans’ Spouses and Dependents

  • Educational Benefit and GI Bill Application and Certification
  • VA Work-Study Information and Opportunities
  • Access to Advisement, Tutoring, Registration and Business Office Services
  • Referrals to Camden County Department of Veterans Affairs and Camden County Mental Health Services
  • Affairs and Camden County Mental Health Services
  • Assistance in identifying Federal, State and County Services
  • A VA student lounge where you can meet with fellow veterans

Steps to Enroll

STEP 1: Get ready
Complete the application for admissions online.
You will receive an acceptance letter which will include your student identification number.

STEP 2: Get credit
Arrange to have formal transcripts of all previous college coursework and prior military training transcripts sent to the Camden County College Records and Registration Office. Learn more about credit for prior learning.

STEP 3: Get set
Complete the placement test and meet with the veteran services adviser or an academic advisor National Guard/Reservists – sign up with your unit for the Federal Tuition Assistance or Tuition Waiver programs if you are eligible.

STEP 4: Get benefits
Complete VA form 22-1990 Application for Veterans Benefits online at Vets.gov (VONAPP).

Once you get your Certificate of Eligibility or Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE), go to the Veteran Services Office.

Paperwork to Bring

Bring a copy of your DD form 214 (Member 4)  
Certificate of Eligibility

National Guard/Reservists
Bring a copy of your Notice of Eligibility (NOBE), Commander’s Certificate and/or DD form 214 (Member 4) copy if you were called to active duty.

National Guard Tuition Waiver
Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
National Guard Tuition Waiver Form to the Financial Aid Office.

Spouses and Dependents
Bring your Certificate of Eligibility to the Veteran Services Office.

All Student Veterans, Spouses or Dependents
If you are using VA Education Benefits you must fill out the Veteran’s Enrollment Certification Form every semester and submit it to the Veteran Services Office

Benefit & Eligibility Information

Post 9/11 GI Bill
(Chapter 33)

You are eligible if you served a minimum of 90 consecutive days on active duty after September 10, 2001. This benefit becomes effective August 1, 2009. Eligibility expires 15 years from the date of the last discharge from active duty.


Forever GI Bill

Eligibility is the same as the Post 9/11 GI Bill. The law removes the 15 year time limitation for the use of Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits for individuals whose last discharge or release from active duty is on or after January 1, 2013, children of deceased Servicemembers who first become entitled to Post-9/11 GI Bill program benefits on or after January 1, 2013, and all Fry spouses. Check out the VA website for further information on the Forever GI Bill.


Montgomery GI Bill
(Chapter 30)

You are eligible if you enlisted after July 1, 1985; your pay was reduced by $100 per month for the first 12 months of service; you have an honorable discharge; and you have not passed the 10-year delimiting date.


Selected Reserves
(Chapter 1606)

You are eligible if you incurred a six-year enlistment in the Selected Reserves or the National Guard after July 1, 1985; completed initial active duty training and are serving in good standing in your unit.


Vocational Rehabilitation
(Chapter 31)

You are eligible if you suffered a service-connected disability while on active-duty and need vocational rehabilitation because of the disability.


Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance
(Chapter 35)

The new Forever GI Bill law decreases the amount of entitlement that new eligible individuals will receive from 45 months to 36 months. This change applies to individuals who first enroll in programs of education after August 1, 2018. Individuals who first enrolled in a program of education prior to August 1, 2018, would still qualify for a maximum of 45 months of entitlement. This law also increases the amount of educational assistance payable for pursuit of institutional courses.


The Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship
(Fry Scholarship)

Children and surviving spouses of an active duty member of the Armed Forces who died in the line of duty on or after September 11, 2001 are eligible for this benefit. Children are eligible as of their 18th birthday (unless they have already graduated high school). A child may be married or over 23 and still be eligible, although their eligibility will end on their 33rd birthday. A spouse will lose eligibility to this benefit upon remarriage. A spouse has 15 years from the date of the death of the Service member to use the benefit.

The Forever GI Bill removes the 15 year time limitation for children of deceased Servicemembers who first become entitled to Post-9/11 GI Bill program benefits on or after January 1, 2013, and all Fry spouses.


Veterans Outpost Lounge

We provide a place for you to be able to study, relax, and meet with other veterans. It has a couch, microwave, water cooler, refrigerator, and a Keurig. In addition, there are computers for you to use to get your schoolwork done. The lounge is located in the Community Center, Room 202A.


Check out the College’s Scholarship Page and the web for possible scholarship opportunities.


Camden County Veterans Affairs Office

OEF/OIF/OND Veterans

Transition Assistance

New Jersey National Guard Family Programs

PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)

TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury)


Upward Bound Program at UPenn

Resources for Women Veterans

Women Veterans

Women Veterans Health Care

Center for Women Veterans (CWV)

Resources for Minority Veterans

Minority Veterans

Center for Minority Veterans (CMV)

Resources for Other Special Groups

Elderly Veterans

Gulf War Veterans

Homeless Veterans

Incarcerated Veterans

Korean War Veterans

Lesbian, Gay & Bisexual Veterans

Native American Veterans

Former Prisoners of War

Veterans Living Overseas

Vietnam War Veterans

World War II Veterans

Contact Information

Camden County College Veteran Services Center
Blackwood Campus, Taft Hall, Room 303
Zaida Nogué, Veteran Services Advisor
(856) 374-4960