The Honors Program is a College-wide program that is open to students pursuing an Associate Degree in any major. The program includes Honors sections of general education courses that are already required of all AA, AS, AFA and AAS degrees. The Honors courses are small, seminar-style classes which allow for extensive student/faculty collaboration, and they have interesting themes and projects that are different from the usual introductory classes.
“The professor makes learning fun, and it’s an interesting, interactive course.”
As an Honors student, you will be part of a supportive but rigorous academic community, and there will be special social and academic events just for your group.
Honors Program Benefits
- Cultural trips to Philadelphia, New York City and Washington D. C.
- Small class size (Honors sections are capped at 23)
- A lounge/study area designated for the Honors Students
- Special advising sessions for students in the Honors Program
- Exclusive scholarships
- Admission agreements with Honors Programs at local universities
Students who have been successful in a college preparatory high school curriculum and who have scored well enough on the SAT or Accuplacer exams can be accepted into the Honors program directly out of high school.
Students already enrolled at CCC in any associate degree program will be invited to apply as long as they have completed between 12 and 24 college credits and have earned an overall grade point average of 3.5 or higher.
To complete the Honors Program before graduation from CCC, students are required to take four of their general education courses in designated Honors sections, maintain an overall grade point average of 3.5 and participate in a total of three community service or cultural events.
Apply to the Honors Program
Sites of Interest
- National Collegiate Honors Council
(Links to ALL Honors Programs Nationwide that belong to NCHC)
- Phi Theta Kappa, Honor Society of the Two Year College
Local College & Universities Honors Programs
- Honors Program, The College of New Jersey
- Honors Program, Drexel University
- Honors Program, New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Honors Program, Rowan University
- Honors Program, Rutgers-Camden
- Honors Program, Rutgers University New Brunswick
- Honors Program, Stockton College
- Honors Program, Temple University
- University of Pennsylvania, College of Liberal & Professional Studies
- Honors Program, University of Delaware
- Honors Program, Villanova University
Professor Jennifer Hoheisel, Honors Program Co-Director
314C Madison Hall, Blackwood
(856) 227-7200, ext. 4676
Dr. Nancy Raftery, Honors Program Co-Director
15 Lincoln Hall, Blackwood
(856) 227-7200, ext. 4303