Your safety is our priority. COVID-19 Information | CARES Act Information
For information on the Camden County Health Hub visit

Disability Services

Disability Services is an umbrella for many services available at Camden County College including the Office of Disability Services, Program for Students who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing and Garden State Pathways.

The Office of Disability Services provides academic support to students who have documented disabilities. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) defines disability as any physical, or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities such as: caring for oneself, performing manual tasks, walking, seeing, hearing, speaking, breathing, learning or working.

The Disability Services Office promotes access to and excellence in the educational opportunities for students with disabilities at Camden County College. The Disability Services Office strives to create an environment that recognizes differences and builds self-advocacy and independence. Students who may be eligible for services must self-identify to the Disability Services Office.

Services Provided

Academic Advisement/Coaching-students are encouraged to meet with the Disability Services Staff to discuss appropriate academic course work for both degree/certificate requirements.

Academic Accommodations may include peer note-takers, recording lectures, readers and or scribes, alternative textbooks, extended time for assessments, distraction reduced testing environment.

To Register with the Office of Disability Services

  1. Schedule an appointment by calling 856-227-7200, ext. 4430
  2. Complete the Student Registration Intake Form
  3. Bring in the required current and comprehensive documentation

DSO Student Handbook

For any questions or concerns please contact:

Taryn Burkholder, Director
Taft Hall, Office 311 Blackwood Campus
(856) 227-7200 ext. 4430

Contact Disability Services

Transfer students need copies of the paperwork submitted to the Disability Services Office of the transferring institution to include; any disability documentation submitted to the school, accommodation letter, and a copy of your unofficial transcript.

Someone with a disability who was never classified needs documentation that meets the criteria detailed in the documentation request.

For any appointments, please call (856) 227-7200 ext. 4430 or you can email

Read our Americans with Disabilities Policy (Policy 223)

Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)