Instructions For Autobiographical Statement
This statement should be a short (500 words or less) account of what happened and how you felt on the day of your arrest. Emphasize the events that led up to the arrest or incident and what it was that brought you to the attention of the police, NOT what the police did once they arrested you. State how you think you could have avoided getting into this situation.
What follows is a list you will find helpful in organizing your story. It is, however, only a guideline. If there are other items you which to include, feel free to do so.
- What day of the week and time of the day did the incident happen
- Was it a routine day
- What were you drinking
- The amount you had to drink was your usual amount
- Were you using any other drugs, other than alcohol, at the time of your DUI
- Were you feeling cheerful, depressed, happy, angry or generally nervous
- There was a family problem, fight or a problem with a loved one
- Something happened to a family member or loved one
- The drinking occasion was a special event (such as a wedding, company picnic, etc.)
- Were you drinking or using drugs for relief from pain.
- You think the amount you drank was related to your mood
Please write your statement below. Please use prompts 1-11 above as a basis for your response.