Proud to serve our community as Camden County’s vaccination center. More Information. Hot Line: 856-549-0530.

Your safety is our priority. Learn more | CARES Act Information

CARES Act - Camden County College


Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act 2021 (CRRSAA)

What is the CRRSA Emergency Relief Act or CARES II?

The Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA) which includes the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) provides emergency funding to support students impacted by a campus disruption due to the coronavirus. We will be referring to CRRSAA as CARES II.

CARES II grant funds can be released directly to students for qualifying expenses such as food, housing, technology needs, childcare expenses, medical expenses, and other educational-related expenses. These funds can also assist with prior tuition and fee balances and will be paid directly to the student account.

CARES II Eligibility Criteria:

  • Must be currently enrolled
  • Must be a matriculated degree-seeking student
  • Must have completed the 2020-21 FAFSA Application
  • Must be Pell grant eligible or be able to prove extraordinary financial need
  • Must be a US citizen or eligible noncitizen
  • Male students must be registered with Selective Service
  • Must not be in default on a federal student loan
  • Cannot be an International or a DACA student
  • Cannot be enrolled as a continuing education, casual, general, guest or dual credit student

Steps for applying for CARES II:

  1. Complete the CARES II Application.
  2. Complete the FAFSA.
  3. Sign up for direct deposit.

CARES Funding to Cover Tuition Balances
Students who have an outstanding tuition and fee balances with Camden County College for semesters beginning with Spring 2020 may be eligible to use CARES grant funding to settle the debt. If you would like to be considered for this funding please follow the steps below:

  1. Complete the CARES grant application.
  2. Complete the CARES Institutional Balance form.
  3. Email form to or return the Financial Aid Office.

Cares II Facts

What is the purpose of the CARES II grant funding?

The CARES II grant funds provide emergency aid assistance for expenses related to the disruption of college operations. It is not a supplement for a loss of employment or other non-educational hardships that the student may have incurred. These funds assist with tuition, housing, child care, medical expenses, technology, books or other educational supply costs incurred due to disruptions or closure of the campus.

How much can I be awarded in CARES II funding?

Grant amounts will vary by student and is based upon the information provided on the grant application.

How may I spend the CARES II money?

You may spend the money on incurred expenses related to the COVID-19 virus and as indicated on your application.

How will I receive the grant funds?

For those who have signed up for direct deposit the funds will be deposited directly into your account. For those not taking advantage of this option, a paper check will be mailed to your home address.

Is there a deadline for applying for CARES II funding?

The College will review applications on a rolling basis and will award until all grant funds have been expended.

Do I have to complete the FAFSA to be eligible for CARES II funds?

Yes. The FAFSA is the only mechanism to verify compliance with grant requirements.

What if I don’t receive financial aid?

CARES II eligibility requires that you comply with Title IV grant eligibility requirements. The following link will give you the basic eligibility criteria from the US Department of Education CARES II also requires you demonstrate financial need. This can be either by being Pell grant eligible or providing a statement explaining your extraordinary financial need.

What if my parents or I lost our job due to COVID 19, are we eligible for these funds?

No. CARES II funds are specifically earmarked for expenses you have or may have incurred related to the disruption of on campus activities. But you should contact the Financial Aid Office who can assist you with re-evaluating your current financial circumstances.

I owe a prior balance to Camden County College can I take it out of the CARES II grant?

CARES II grants can be applied to prior balances. You will need to complete the CARES II application as well as the CRRSAA Paying Prior Balance form and submit to the business office.

Am I eligible for CARES II funding if I received a CARES grant disbursement in the past?

Yes. CARES II a new appropriation from the government so an y previous CARES funding you may have received will not be factored into your eligibility for this new funding.

Who do I contact with questions about theCARES II grant?

All questions can be e-mailed to