Special Admissions Programs
The Animal Science program will be reaching out to you with additional information and additional steps needed to complete the application process to this program.
The Dental Hygiene Program is a selective admissions program. Unfortunately, the program is closed for the fall 2018 semester. A class is accepted one time per year for the fall semester. If you would like to reapply for the Dental Hygiene Program in the future, it is recommended that you complete as many of the non-dental courses that are part of the dental hygiene curriculum as possible. We will begin accepting application for the Fall 2019 semester on September 1, 2018 through February 1, 2019. If you wish to meet with an academic advisor regarding the Dental Hygiene Program requirements and course prerequisites, please contact the Advisement Center at (856) 227-7200, ext. 4454
The Practical Nursing Program is a selective admissions program. All students are required to attend a Practical Nursing Information Session. Please visit our website at: https://www.camdencc.edu for dates and times of upcoming sessions. Applicants will be required to enroll in the College’s Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Course. Upon receipt of your application materials, your application will be reviewed by the admissions committee. Upon completion of the review, notification will be mailed to you. If you have any questions relating to the Practical Nursing Program, please email Dr. Audrey Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the interim, your application has been processed with the curriculum of Liberal Arts and Sciences: Pre-Nursing Option(PRN.AS). If you wish to pursue a different program of study, please submit a Change of Curriculum form to the Office of Records and Registration Services in Taft Hall.
The Pre-Nursing program is intended for students who plan to continue their education by pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing or applying to one of our cooperative nursing programs. Information concerning admissions requirements and curriculum choices for these programs may be obtained from the specific school websites or admissions offices. You are required to attend a Nursing Information Session prior to registering for courses. Please call 856-227-7200, ext. 4359 for dates, times, and further information.
The Health Science Program is a selective admissions program. To be considered eligible you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have successfully completed an accredited health professional program outside of the College and received licensure (if applicable)that will be used for the block credits to complete the degree. Some examples of acceptable programs are: Practical Nursing, Dialysis Technician at Camden County Technical School and the Radiography at Cooper University School of Diagnostic Imaging.
- You must have your previous health educational experience approved before entering the Health Science curriculum by calling the Division of Math, Science, and Health Careers at 856-227-7200, ext. 4468. If you have questions relating to the Health Science degree, HSC.AAS, you may contact the Allied Health Coordinator at the contact information listed above.
Certified Medical Assistant
The Certified Medical Assistant Program is a selective admissions program. To be considered eligible, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- You must have successfully completed an accredited Medical Assistant program outside of the College which will be used for the block credits to complete the degree.
- You must possess current Certified Medical Assistant credentials.
- You have attended and successfully completed the Medical Assistant program at Camden County Technical School. If you have questions or need to have your previous medical assisting educational experience evaluated, please contact the Division of Math, Science, and Health Careers at 856-227-7200, ext. 4468.
The Surgical Technology program is a selective admissions program. To be considered eligible you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be at college level math and English to be considered for admission to the program.
- Once you are at college level math and English, you must schedule an appointment for an admission interview with Dr. David Pilla. Dr. Pilla may be reached at 856-227-7200, ext. 4566 or via email at email@example.com.
The surgical technology program has a limited enrollment and begins each year in the summer session. Admissions students are expected to complete the Surgical Technology courses with the class year of acceptance. Courses are offered once in a yearly cycle. If you have any questions relating to the Surgical Technology Program please contact Dr. David Pilla.
Garden State Pathways/Vocational Studies
The Vocational Studies (VOC.CPS) program is a selective admissions program. To be considered for acceptance, the following information must be submitted:
- Copy of your most recent IEP
- High school transcript
- Psychological/educational evaluation completed within the past three years. Please submit these items either in person or via mail to: Joanne Kinzy, Camden County College, Taft Hall, PO Box 200, Blackwood, NJ 08012.
Upon completion of the review, notification will be mailed to you to schedule an interview. Acceptance into the program is contingent on all paperwork being completed and received, as well as the interview. In the interim, you have been admitted to the College as a “Casual” student.
If you have any questions relating to the GSP program, please contact Joanne Kinzy at 856-227-7200 ext. 4430, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Automotive Technology GM/ASEP Option Program and the Automotive General Motors Technician certificate are selective Admissions Program. Your application will be reviewed by the admissions committee. Upon completion of the review, notification will be mailed to you. In the interim, your application has been processed with the curriculum of Automotive Technology (AUT.AAS) or Automotive General Technician (GAT.CA). If you wish to pursue a different program of study, please submit a Change of Curriculum form to the Office of Admissions, Records and Registration Services in Taft Hall. If you have any questions relating to the selective automotive program for which you have applied, please contact the program coordinator, Chris Gallo at 856-227-7200, extension 4544.