|First Year / First Semester|
|CST-102||Introduction to Networking||3|
|CSC-171||Introduction to Python||3|
|First Year / Second Semester|
|CIS-285||Linux/UNIX Networking and Security1||3|
|CIS-289||Linux Systems and Services1||3|
|Total Minimum Credits||18|
Program Student Learning Outcomes
At the end of the program, the graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of popular versions of Linux and UNIX operating systems, commands, VI editor, processes, kernel structures and tables, and associated shells.
- Use Python to write scripts to perform tasks.
- Install, configure, and manage a Linux server and relevant services and applications.
- Perform duties as a junior Linux System Administrator in managing users and groups, monitoring processes and permissions, performing backup and recovery, and evaluating basic security concepts.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Linux system administration by passing a CompTIA Linux+ Certification testwhich is a recognized credential for IT professionals.
- Commercial data processing
- Database servers
- Engineering, scientific, and high function graphics
- Help desk support
- Junior systems administration
Professor Bernadette Carlin, Coordinator
(856) 227-7200, ext. 4423