|CRJ-101||Administration of Justice||3|
|HPE-109||Physical Conditioning/Police Recruits||3|
|Total Minimum Credits||15|
Fundamentals of Policing
- Goals & Outcomes
- Program Information
- Special Requirements
- Additional information
- To prepare recruits to transfer into a 2-year Criminal Justice, CRJ.AS program.
- To prepare recruits to demonstrate a working knowledge of components of the criminal justice system and various types of law enforcement agencies.
- To prepare recruits to apply critical thinking skills to resolve criminal justice practitioner problems with the public.
- To prepare recruits to establish career goals and objectives to enhance personal growth.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
At the end of the program, the recruit will be able to:
- Discuss concepts of the Constitution of the United States.
- Compare and contrast the components of the criminal justice system and various agencies involved in the administration of justice.
- Extrapolate local criminal justice issues to global justice and security issues.
- Analyze criminal justice practitioner problems with the public.
Applications are available at the Camden County Police Academy located at the Regional Emergency Training Center (RETC), 420 Woodbury-Turnersville Road, Blackwood, New Jersey 08012. Interested persons should also refer to the Camden County College, Police Academy website for application announcements and requirements.
- Police Officer
Special Admissions Requirements
Recruits who enter the Camden County Police Academy as a certified police officer or SLEO II must be sponsored by county or municipal law enforcement agency, which have been selected as a recruit by their standards or procedures and have assumed all costs of training, uniforms, salary, etc. Those individuals who have not been sponsored by a county or municipal law enforcement agency may apply for the Camden County College Police Academy Alternate Route program.
Requirements are the following: must be 18 years of age but not over 35 at the completion of the program; must have completed 60 college credits or 2 years of active military service, or 1 year of active military service and 30 college credits; must be a citizen of the United States and resident of the state of New Jersey; must be of good moral character and not convicted of any criminal offense; must be able read, write and speak the English language; and must have medical insurance. All cost is the responsibility of candidate.
(856) 227-7200, ext. 4874