TRiO Student Support Services
Student Support Services (SSS) Program welcomes you to Camden County College, where the students are destined for success!
We are dedicated to student success and look forward to assisting you in a successful academic year.
Student Support Services Program is a federally funded TRiO program designed to enable low-income, first-generation college students, and students with a documented disability to stay in college until they earn their degree or transfer to a four-year institution.
The purpose of the Student Support Services Program is to increase the number of low-income college students, first-generation college students, and college students with documented disabilities with successful completion of their college education.
Camden County College will provide comprehensive services such as academic advisement and tutoring to support students’ graduation and/or transfer from the College to four-year colleges and universities to receive baccalaureate degrees. The goal of SSS is to increase the college retention and graduation rates of its participants.
TRiO provides a sense of support and a place of belonging for students! All participants are assigned to a Success Coach who will be their support person throughout their time at CCC. All of the TRiO services and activities are absolutely free to students who become active program participants. These services include, but are not limited to:
- Academic Advising: Success Coaches help students map out their time at CCC. Success Coaches can advise for course selection and can assist students with registering for their courses each semester. Coaches serve as a student’s “cheerleader” and are available to answer any CCC-related questions, or simply to talk with students about any concerns they may have. If Success Coaches are unable to meet specific needs, they will refer students to other available resources and individuals.
- Tutoring: All TRiO participants can schedule one-on-on tutoring with a Writing or Math Peer Tutor.
- Transfer Assistance: Students transferring to four-year colleges or universities are offered guidance in curriculum selection, admissions application, and financial aid. Students also have the opportunity to visit 4-year colleges to experience their campus and speak with an admissions representative about any specific questions.
- Cultural and Social Activities: In addition to academic support, SSS plans and funds various social events and trips to historical and educational sites.
- Disability Services: Success Coaches work closely with CCC disability services to provide the best opportunities for students seeking assistance or accommodations.
How to Apply
Dr. Cindy LeGree
Administrative Assistant – Camden City Campus
Success Coach – Blackwood Campus