NJSNAP food assistance logo with the Higher education student assistance authority logo
Home » NJSNAP Food Assistance

NJSNAP Food Assistance

You may now be able to receive benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) to help you buy the groceries you need to eat well and stay healthy.

During the public health emergency, you may be eligible for SNAP benefits if you are enrolled at least half time in an institution of higher education and you are:

  • Approved to participate in the institution’s federal work-study program; or
  • Have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of zero in the current academic year.

How to Apply for SNAP

  1. Obtain a Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) or other financial aid documents.
  2. Visit NJSNAP.gov for more information about SNAP.
  3. Apply at njoneapp.gov and upload a copy of your documents from step 1.
  4. If you need to upload a letter verifying your Work-Study status, contact the Financial Aid Office.

How to obtain a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR)

Once your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) formor FAFSA correction has been processed, you can get a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) in two easy steps.

  1. Log in to FAFSA.gov using your FSA ID2.
  2. Select the “View or Print your Student Aid Report (SAR)” option near the middle of the “My FAFSA” page.

Your EFC will be in the upper right corner of the first page of your Student Aid Report.

The Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243; TTY for the deaf or hard of hearing 1-800-730-8913) can also send a copy of your SAR via U.S. mail (allow 10–14 days for delivery).