Add your phone to the fight
COVID Alert NJ, a free and secure mobile app, was recently released by the New Jersey Department of Health. COVID Alert NJ anonymously alerts users if they have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. The app also provides users with up-to-date information on New Jersey reopening news, key COVID-19 metrics, and a user-friendly symptom tracking tool – all while maintaining privacy and anonymity between users.
Please consider downloading the app and helping by contributing your information to the database. Your privacy will always be protected, and you are helping to keep yourself and others informed.
- Download COVID Alert NJ today. The app is free via the App Store and Google Play Store. Go to covid19.nj.gov/app
- Opt in to “exposure notifications” on the app. This will allow you to know if you have been in close contact with someone who has the app and has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Encourage at least five others to download the app. The app’s effectiveness depends on collective participation – the more people who use it, the more effective it will be. The app can, and should, be used by anyone in New Jersey over the age of 18.
- Use the app’s daily symptom tracker option. This will become a valuable resource for helping you decide when you should seek professional medical care.
- Continue to follow health precautionary actions in public. Wear a face covering, practice social distancing and hand hygiene, and stay home if you are sick.
For more information on COVID Alert NJ, visit covid19.nj.gov/app. Working together, we can protect our families, coworkers and fellow students by helping stop the spread of COVID-19 in our community.