Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service
On January 17, 2022 let’s start the semester together to build a stronger campus community!
The Martin Luther King Jr. holiday is the 27th anniversary of the day of service that celebrates the Civil Rights leader’s life and legacy. Observed each year on the third Monday in January as “a day on, not a day off,” MLK Day is the only federal holiday designated as a national day of service to encourage all Americans to volunteer to improve their communities. Camden County College looks forward to your engagement and accomplishments in Dr. King’s memory.
“Everybody can be great, because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.”
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Events In New Jersey Honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- The King Center
- Black Freedom Struggle in the United States
- Martin Luther King Jr. Biographical
Join us for the 2022 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service at BookSmiles.org. This event honors the life of Dr. King and his impact on the lives of Americans. Through hands-on, engaging services activities, we celebrate the legacy of the man that reminds us “Everybody can be great, because everybody can serve!” We are looking for volunteers of all backgrounds including students, faculty, and staff. Thank you for your Service!!!!
- 2:15 pm – Welcome – CCC Administrative Staff.
- 2:30 pm – Volunteers assist in sorting, categorizing the different types of books into donation bins.
- 4:00 pm – Light snacks and water provided as needed.
- 4:45 to 5:00 pm – Finish work assignments.
- 5:00 pm – Clean up and reflection of service work completed.