Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service
On January 13, 2023, let’s start the semester together to build a stronger campus community!
The Martin Luther King Jr. holiday is the 28th anniversary of the day of service that celebrates the Civil Rights leader’s life and legacy. Observed each year on the third Monday in January as “a day on, not a day off,” MLK Day is the only federal holiday designated as a national day of service to encourage all Americans to volunteer to improve their communities. Camden County College looks forward to your engagement and accomplishments in Dr. King’s memory.
“Everybody can be great, because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.”
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Events In New Jersey Honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- The King Center
- Black Freedom Struggle in the United States
- Martin Luther King Jr. Biographical
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service
Who we are performing the service for:
Joseph’s House- located on 555 Atlantic Avenue, Camden, NJ 08104
Joseph’s House both embraces and defies the label of “shelter”. Genuine care for each person experiencing homelessness is foundational; evident in every interaction. Guests are not only offered a warm meal and a safe place to sleep, but also are welcomed without judgment. The core emergency shelter program serves as an entry point. Joseph’s House then changes the paradigm, helping each person develop an individualized plan to reach stability goals.
Join us for the 2023 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service at the CCC West Café, Blackwood Campus. This event honors the life of Dr. King and his impact on the lives of Americans. Through hands-on, engaging services activities, we celebrate the legacy of the man that reminds us “Everybody can be great, because everybody can serve!” We are looking for volunteers of all backgrounds including students, faculty, and staff. Thank you for your Service!!!!
- 10:00 am – Welcome – CCC Administrative Staff.
- 10:15 am to 12:00 pm – assembling sandwiches including peanut butter/jelly products, water bottles, chips, apple sauce and inspirational messages in each lunch bag.
- 12:00-12:45pm- Lunch provided by Sodexo and Student Life and Activities.
- 12:45pm – Clean up and reflection of service work completed.
- 1:00pm – designated staff and students will deliver lunches to Joseph’s House.