Black History Month
Black History month begins on February 1 as a celebration of the achievements of African Americans. Let’s celebrate Black History Month with these events.
Events at CCC
There are no upcoming events.
Explore Black History Month
Places & Spaces
Here are some places in located in New Jersey that are important to African-American history, state history and national history. Some sites are closed to the public and can only be viewed from outside.
- Harriet Tubman Museum
- The African American Museum in Philadelphia
- African Art Museum of the SMA Fathers, Tenafly
- Afro-American Historical Society Museum, Jersey City
- Goodwin Sisters House (not open to the public)
- Hinchliffe Stadium, Paterson- Negro League Sports Stadium
- Krueger-Scott Mansion, Newark
- Mount Zion AME Church, Gloucester County
- Peter Mott House, Lawnside, NJ
- Shady Rest Country Club at Scotch Hills
- T. Thomas Fortune House, Red Bank
- Thomas Mundy Peterson’s grave, Perth Amboy