Transfer Tips

Transfer Basics

1. Select a Camden County College associate degree that prepares you to transfer into your major at the four-year college or university.

The New Jersey Comprehensive Statewide Transfer Agreement provides a seamless transition for students transferring with a public associate degree to a public baccalaureate degree. An A.A. or A.S. degree from a New Jersey community college will be fully transferable as the first two years of a baccalaureate degree program at a New Jersey public four-year institution. If a student does not complete the associate degree, the 4-year college will evaluate the transcript on a course-by-course basis; therefore, you should complete the A.A. or A.S. degree to maximize course transferability.

If you are truly undecided, the A.A. or A.S. in Liberal Arts is the safest major to choose.

Students who choose an A.A.S. degree, a career program not intended to transfer, still have options if they decide to transfer. Most 4-year colleges will pick and choose the courses they will accept, but some schools will accept more than others. Review the transfer advising notes by major on the transfer services web site for the best options for each major.

2. Think about where you may wish to transfer, and in what area of study you would like to earn a Bachelor’s degree.

Meet with 4-year college representatives on CCC’s campus, attend the Transfer Fair,  visit college campuses, or meet with the transfer advisor.

Stay involved in the decision making process. Ultimately, only you can decide where you would like to transfer, and for what major.

3. Research degree and entrance requirements at the four- year college or university as early as possible, so the expectations are clear.

Follow a planned set of courses at CCC that coordinate with the requirements at the four-year college or university, keep a timeline of admission deadlines.

4. Use available resources (Academic Advisors, Program Coordinators, contacts at the four-year college, etc.) to assist you in making the best course selection choices at Camden County College to maximize transfer possibilities to the Bachelor’s degree program.

5. You may re-take courses in which you received a poor grade and the new grade will replace the old in grade point average calculation; however, the original attempt will remain on your transcript. (4-year colleges take into consideration your entire academic history, so doing everything you can to earn a good grade in your first attempt is always your best option.)


For more transfer information contact:
Taft Hall,Room 318
856-227-7200 ext. 4503