Veterans Services


Camden County College Veterans Service Center
Community Center, Blackwood Campus
Room 202A

Phone: 856-374-4960


Pursuing higher education is a major step in transitioning from military to civilian life.  The staff of the Veterans Services Center at Camden County College welcomes you and is here to help you use your benefits to achieve a successful future through a college education.

When you enroll at Camden County College you'll find a community of faculty and staff dedicated to helping veteran's achieve their education and career goals.  You can choose from a variety of academic programs that make achieving your educational and career goals convenient, including day, evening and weekend schedules, and online programs of study.  Our degree and certificate programs can help you enter the job market, or you can continue at a four-year institution through our transfer programs.

In addition, Camden County College has established relationships with the Camden County Department of Veterans Affairs and Camden County Mental Health Centers to assist you with your transition to college and civilian life.

STEP 1: Get ready

  • Complete the application for admissions online at You will receive an acceptance letter which will include your student identification number.

Get credit

  • Arrange to have formal transcripts of all previous college coursework and prior military training transcripts sent to the Camden County College Records and Registration Office.

STEP 3: Get set

  • Complete the placement test and meet with an academic advisor
  • National Guard/Reservists – sign up with your unit for the Educational Tuition Assistance or Tuition Assistance programs if you are eligible.

Get benefits

  • Complete VA form 22-1990 Application for Veterans Benefits online at (VONAPP).  Send a copy of your DD form 214 to the VA.
  • Go to the Veterans' Service Center.
  • Veterans - Bring a copy of your military discharge DD form 214 (Member 4) and your Certificate of Eligibility.
  • National Guard/Reservists – Bring a copy of your Notice of Eligibility (NOBE), Commander's Certificate or DD form 214 (Member 4) copy if you were called to active duty.
  • National Guard Tuition Waiver students-- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at
  • Fill out the Veterans Enrollment Certification Form

VETERANS SERVICES AT Camden County College

  • Educational Benefit and GI Bill Application and Certification
  • VA Work-study Information and Opportunities
  • Access to Advisement, Tutoring, Registration and Business Office Services
  • Referrals to Camden County Department of Veterans Affairs and Camden County Mental Health Services
  • Assistance in identifying Federal, State and County Services
  • A VA student lounge where you can meet with fellow veterans


Satisfactory academic progress is determined by an alternative grade point average (GPA) based on the number of credits attempted (including credits for pre-college-level courses). Students are placed on academic probation when their cumulative alternative grade point averages fall below the credits attempted and GPAs listed below:


College Credits Grade Point

Attempted Average

12 - 18 1.50

19 - 32 1.75

33 - 48 1.90

49 - 64 2.00


Students on academic probation are limited to 13 credits per semester and must consult with an assigned advisor.  Course selection must be approved by the assigned advisor. Students who remain on academic probation for more than two semesters will be evaluated for academic suspension. Students may be suspended from the College if they are on academic probation for two consecutive semesters, excluding summers. Suspended students may not register for classes and are urged to seek advice about alternatives to college and about possible ways to establish evidence of academic success that will enable them to reapply to the College at some future time.

Change in Status
If you are using GI Bill benefits, it is essential that you contact the Veterans Services Center each semester to report your registration, and to make sure that you have been certified for that semester. Veterans must also report any course changes during the semester, to keep their file updated, and to avoid any unnecessary conflict in pay status.

Veteran Absenteeism

Excessive absenteeism could result in your benefits being decreased or terminated. The Veterans Services Center is kept informed of attendance records and will take appropriate actions to prevent overpayments by the Department of Veterans Affairs.

The reported change posted to the VA will be determined by the date of your last attendance. As outlined by the Department of Veterans Affairs, the date of last attendance is defined as one of the following:

  1. Date officially withdrawn. A Drop/Add form must be submitted to the Registration Department.
  2. Date that you failed to demonstrate satisfactory progress, as defined by the Institution's Standards of Academic Progress.
  3. Definite date of last attendance from instructor's records.
  4. For those classes where attendance is not mandatory, this date will be determined from the last activity date reflected in the instructor's records; either the last paper submitted or the last examination completed.

The Department of Veterans Affairs does not pay for non-punitive grades such as auditing of a course (AU), or for courses which will not fulfill criteria for graduation in the chosen major. If you anticipate being absent from classes, notify your instructors and discuss the situation with them. It may prevent an excessive absence report from being initiated.

Some of these programs may be used concurrently to provide substantial aid in completing a degree program of study at Camden County College.




Montgomery GI Bill
(Chapter 30)

You are eligible if you enlisted after July 1, 1985; your pay was reduced by $100 per month for the first 12 months of service; you have an honorable discharge; and you have not passed the 10-year delimiting date.


Selected Reserves
(Chapter 1606)

You are eligible if you incurred a six-year enlistment in the Selected Reserves or the National Guard after July 1, 1985; completed initial active duty training and are serving in good standing in your unit.


Post 9/11 GI Bill
(Chapter 33)

You are eligible if you served a minimum of 90 consecutive days on active duty after September 10, 2001. This benefit becomes effective August 1, 2009. Eligibility expires 15 years from the date of the last discharge from active duty


Vocational Rehabilitation 
(Chapter 31)

You are eligible if you suffered a service-connected disability while on active-duty and need vocational rehabilitation because of the disability.


Survivors and Dependents
Educational Assistance (Chapter 35)

Dependents of veterans (spouses and children ages 18-26) are eligible if the veteran has a 100% service-connected disability or the veteran's death was service connected.


Iraqi Freedom/Enduring Freedom veterans assistance

You may be eligible for additional tuition assistance if you are a veteran, National Guard or Reservist called to serve under Operation Iraqi Freedom or Operation Enduring Freedom


For more information please come to room 202A, in the Community Center, Blackwood Campus or email