Disability Services is an umbrella for many services available at Camden County College including the Office of Disability Services, Program for Students who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing and hireAbility.
The Office of Disability Services provides academic support to CCC students who have documented disabilities. The Americans with Disabilites Act (ADA) defines disability as any physical, or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities such as: caring for oneself, performing manual tasks, walking, seeing, hearing, speaking, breathing, learning or working.
The Disability Services Office promotes access to and excellence in the educational opportunities for students with disabilities at Camden County College. The Disability Services Office strives to create an environment that recognizes differences and builds self-advocacy and independence. Students who may be eligible for services must self identify to the Disability Services Office. Students are encouraged to recognize and capitalize on their strengths and compensate for weaknesses.The student is provided with a number of different avenues to build the skills necessary to succeed at the college level.
Services provided include:Course advisement
To Register with the Office of Disability Services
1. Make an appointment by calling 856-227-7200, ext. 4430 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Complete the Student Intake Form
3. Bring in the required current and substantive documentation:
Recent high school graduate needs copies of :
2. Psychological evaluation (Must be within the past 3 years)
3. Educational Plan
Transfer students need
1. Paperwork from Disability Office of transferring institution
Someone with a disability who was never classified needs documentation that meets the criteria detailed here.
Questions may be directed to Joanne Kinzy at 856- 227-7200 ext. 4430 via email at email@example.com.
Program for Students who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing
The Program for Students who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing at Camden County College was established in 1988 in response to a demand for comprehensive services for students who are deaf and hard of hearing at the postsecondary level in the state of New Jersey. The New Jersey Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services provides partial funding for student support services. For more information visit our web site at the link above.
hireAbility is a nonprofit organization that matches qualified people with disabilities to job openings at Delaware Valley businesses at no cost to employers or applicants. The Mission of hireAbility is to function as a link between people with disabilities and businesses. hireAbility, with its knowledge of disability issues, its industry-based leadership, and its employment expertise, helps people with disabilities access the labor market and furthers the understanding of businesses about how to include qualified people with disabilities in their work environment.
- A centralized source of qualified pre-screened applicants for specific jobs
- Selective matching of applicant skills and qualifications to job requirements
- Support services during the placement process and follow-up after employment. A clearinghouse of information regarding the requirements and goals of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Training seminars which educate employees at all levels about diversity issues as they relate to the employment of people with disabilities.
For People with Disabilities:
- A centralized source of current job openings
- Customized matching of applicant skills and interests to job openings
- Support services during the placement process and follow-up after employment
- Education in the job search process and programs to help applicants assess their employability
hireAbility also provides internship possibilities for students with disabilities. For more information please contact our office.
Students with disabilities who are interested in participating in the Work Force Recruitment Program please contact our office for more information.
Located in Adams Hall, Room 0004-A
Associate Director, Angela "Angel" Lucas
e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
Educational Opportunity Fund - See web site