It’s time to use your college email!
Starting May 16 this will be the college’s only formal written communication.
Every student at CCC is automatically given an email address at the time of registration.
|EMAIL ADDRESS FORMAT
FirstName.LastName + last 3 digits
of Student ID @students.camdencc.edu
Name: John Doe // Student ID: 5551234
Date of Birth: January 1, 1989
Need help with your Student Email? 1-877-326-4512
Monday – Friday 8 a.m.– 8:30 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Office 365 Email SetupYou must have successfully created your password, and logged in to your student email account, before you can set up mobile email.
1. Tap Settings.
2. TapMail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap Add Account.
4. Tap Exchange.
5. Enter your Email address (ex. John.Doe234@students.camdencc.edu), Password, and a short Description (e.g. CCC) for your email.
6. Tap Next. Auto-discover will try to find the settings you need to configure for your account. If auto-discover cannot find your settings, enter the following information:
8. Tap Save.
Return to your home screen and open the Mail app — you should see some email messages, in your new inbox!
Office 365 Email Setup
You must have successfully created your password, and logged in to your student email account, before you can set up mobile email.
1. Tap Settings.
2. Tap Accounts.
3. Tap Add Account.
4. Tap Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
5. Enter your Email address and Password.
If you see a Domain\Username field, enter your full email address.
If Domain and Username are separate fields, enter your full email address (ex.John.Doe234@students.camdencc.edu) in Username, and in the Domain field6. If you see a Server field, enter outlook.office365.com.
7. Tap Next.
8. To complete auto configuration, tap Ok.
9. Select the Account options you want to use. Selecting a longer sync period will show you more calendar information and email, and require more memory.
10. Tap Next.
11. Tap Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, to see the display name for your email account. You can change the display name, here.
12. Tap Next, and you will see your inbox.
Your Office 365 email is now set up in your Android native mail app. To make sure you can send messages, compose an email and send it to yourself.
What does this mean for you?
After the upgrade you will have two separate accounts with the same user name and password that you use to access Live@edu.
1. Office 365account. This account gives you access to your school email. Camden County College administers this account.
2. Personal Microsoft account. This personal account will give you access to all your existing SkyDrive content, Messenger, and other Microsoft services. Note that Camden County College no longer administers this account. As a result, we cannot reset the password for you.
What should you expect?
- Email.We will continue to use Microsoft Outlook Web App or Microsoft Outlook to view and send email, but you will sign in at a different website.
- File sharing.We will use Microsoft SharePoint Online for sharing files and Office Web Apps for creating and reading documents.
- Instant messaging and online meetings.We will use Microsoft Lync Online for both instant messaging and online meetings.
What do you need to do?
Complete the following steps:
1. If you are using Internet Explorer 6 or 7, upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer.
2. If you use Outlook to read your email and you are using Microsoft Office 2003, upgrade to Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010 to continue using Outlook.
3. Access your email and calendar at https://www.outlook.com/students.camdencc.edu.
4. Sign into SkyDrive at https://skydrive.live.com.
INFORMATION AND SUPPORT
For more information about the upgrade, see the Checklist for users.
If you have questions or need help, contact the OIT Helpdesk at 856-374-4900.