Welcome to the English as a Second Language (ESL) Department at Camden County College! The ESL Department at Camden County College provides English language training to both United States residents who are non-native speakers of English and students from all over the world. The ESL Department has highly qualified and trained faculty and staff, outcome-oriented curricula, and state-of-the-art instructional learning resources and facilities.
Many of the ESL students at Camden County College are non-native speakers of English that live locally in Camden County and the surrounding Philadelphia area. Also, there are many “international students” who study at Camden County College on student (F-1) visas. In addition, some students in the ESL Department have other visa statuses. There are many benefits for taking ESL classes at Camden County College:
-Learn to read, write, listen, and speak in English.
- Be better prepared for College-level work as you move towards graduation.
- Learn effective ways to communicate in American society.
- Feel more comfortable being more active in your local community (your children’s school, etc.).
- Improve your English to create more job opportunities for you.
- Be exposed to more aspects of American culture through the various reading selections, writing assignments and oral discussions.
- Present your cultures and to compare and contrast them to American culture.
ESL Department Mission
The English as a Second Language Department provides non-native speakers of English with the linguistic and cultural skills necessary for academic achievement, integration into American society, and success in the workplace.
Please click on the links to the right for more information about the ESL Department and how to apply.
*** At this time, the ESL Department at CCC does not offer any ESL Certification courses for teachers looking to become certified in teaching English as a second language.