The Camden County Cultural & Heritage Commission founded in 1972,
recognizes the role of the arts and local history in making our communities dynamic places to live and work.
• We strengthen the cultural framework of Camden County by educating the community about the diverse cultural experiences available to all.
• We support grassroots organizations with funding and technical assistance
• We serve as a clearing house of information and resources for cultural practitioners (artists) and organizations
• We increase and deepen the interactions between cultural practitioners (artists) and Camden County residents
• We promote culture as a vital asset to the County of Camden.
The Camden County Cultural and Heritage Commission at Camden County College is proud to participate in a variety of yearly cultural and arts events such as the Local Arts Program, National Arts Program, and numerous other art centered programs both throughout the county and on our college campuses.
Local Arts Program
The New Jersey State Council on the Arts provides re-grant funding opportunities through the Local Arts Program. Eligible organizations are New Jersey based 501 (c) 3, which are seeking support for a Camden County based arts program. Each year, applications are accepted from such organizations for funding consideration.
National Arts Program
This county wide arts competition for Camden County artists, employees, and their families is sponsored by the National Arts Program of Malvern, Pennsylvania, which enables the Camden County Cultural and Heritage Commission to present cash prizes in over 16 categories.
Senior Arts Show
The Camden County Cultural and Heritage Commission is proud to sponsor art competitions and exhibitions for local artists age 60 and above.
50th Annual Senior Citizens Juried Art Exhibition
50th Annual SENIOR CITIZENS Juried Art Contest & Exhibition
||JUNE 30–AUGUST 12, 2016
Katz Jewish Community Center1301 Springdale Road, Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
AWARD CEREMONY: Thursday, June 30 from 1–3 p.m.