Rutgers-SHP at Camden County College
Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences: Psychiatric Rehabilitation Track!
Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (BSHS) track in Psychiatric Rehabilitation
Located on the Blackwood Campus, this Bachelor’s degree program is offered through Rutgers-SHP and is designed for transfer students with an AS degree in Human Services or other allied health degrees. Courses are mostly online and are taken within the Department of Psychiatric Rehabilitation and Counseling Professions and the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies. Students will also be able to take the Certified Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner (CPRP) exam.
What will a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychiatric Rehabilitation or BSHS prepare me to do?
Potential careers for graduates of this program in the psychiatric rehabilitation field include:
- Outreach worker
- Residential counselor
- Mental health specialist
- Partial care specialist
- Job coach
- Hospital/health organization administration
- Clinical department management
- Health care education
- Governmental health agency administration
Graduate Degree opportunities include:
- Professional Counseling
- Social Work
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Public Health
Application Deadline: Apply to SHP by May15 for Fall term and October 15″‘ for Spring term admission.
- Education Required: Associate’ s degree in Human Services or related field
- Transcripts: All official college transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one from a college professor)
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 overall. GPA of 3.0 in Human Services or related major courses
- Apply at shp.rutgers.edu
For More Information Contact:
Dr. Willam Waynor, BS Program Director,
Rutgers-SHP, Camden County College, Jefferson Hall, room 219