CCCHC Launching Annual 'Jazzy July' Free Outdoor Concerts
The Camden County Cultural & Heritage Commission at Camden County College (CCCHC) will present its seventh annual “Jazzy July” series of free outdoor concerts on Wednesdays in July and August.
Each of the shows will take place on the grounds of the Historic Hopkins House, located at 250 S. Park Drive in Haddon Township. Attendees should bring lawn chairs or blankets to sit on.
All of the concerts will include an opening performance by a local youth jazz band at 7 p.m. The featured jazz band, also from the area, will follow at 8 p.m.
● July 11: Subito Sounds followed by Bootsie Barnes and Friends.
● July 18: Subito Sounds followed by Sonny Keaton and Friends.
● July 25: Subito Sounds followed by Demetria and the Fellas.
● Aug. 1: Conservatory of Musical Arts followed by Rapture.
● Aug. 8: Conservatory of Musical Arts followed by the Camden County College Faculty Jazz Band.
● Aug. 15: Conservatory of Musical Arts followed by Nasir Dickerson and the Renaissance Messengers.
● Aug. 22: The Conservatory of Musical Arts followed by Daille Kettrell and Khamelion.
● Aug. 29: The Unity Community Center Little Jazz Giants followed by Julian Pressley.
“Jazzy July” is made possible, in part, by funds provided by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts, Department of State, a partner agency of the National Endowment for the Arts. Raymond Byard of Byard Real Estate in Lawnside has donated bottled water for attendees to enjoy at every concert. Audience members also may bring their own refreshments.
For details, contact CCCHC executive director Sandra Turner-Barnes at (856) 858-0040 or email@example.com.
Published: June 28, 2012