Camden County College Police Academy
Is to provide the highest level of training for our Law Enforcement Community and to enhance the quality of police professionalism through education. Our Academy shall remain at the forefront of PERF, ICAT and the national standards of use of force and de-escalation training.
Orlando Cuevas, Director of Police Academy
Lt. Kevin Lutz, Deputy Director of Academy
Patricia Steiner, Administrative Assistant
Sue Hanstein, Administrative Assistant
Sgt. Ralph Thornton, Chief Instructor
Officer Antonio Gennetta, Basic Class for Police Officer – Class Instructor
Sgt. Robert Parker, Basic Class for Corrections – Class Coordinator
Robert Doyle, In-Service Training / Alternate Route Program Coordinator
C/O James White, Range Master
Basic Class for Police Officers (BCPO)
Basic Class #71- will start on August 10, 2017 and will graduate on December 21, 2017
SLEO II to BCPO Special Modified Waiver Class – will start on July 14th, 2017 and end on July 28th, 2017. This class will be held weekday's from 0800-1600 hrs. to fulfill all requirements to convert SLEO II to full time police officer.
Alternate Route Program
The 2017 Spring Alternate Route Program Selection Process has started. The Camden County College Police Academy is not currently accepting applications for the Alternate Route Program. Continue to monitor the Police Academy Website for the Start of the next Alternate Route Selection Process which should begin in July 2017 for the 2018 BCPO Class.
Training Catalog Updates – Main Page
In-service Training Alert!
The below listed classes are now filled for 2017 year.
- Methods of Instruction (Both classes) February and November
- Advanced Rifle Course 12/11-13/17
- Basic Rifle Operator
- Police Service Rifle Instructor(Both Classes) May, and July classes
- Rapid Deployment Response to Active Shooter
- Interview & Interrogation
- Firearms Instructor (Both Classes) February and November
- Basic Swat
- Street Survival (Both Classes) April and October
- Conducted Energy Device Operator – 2/8-9/17, 3/29-30/17, 8/16-17/17, 10/25-26/17
- Crime Scene Investigation Class – 9/11-15/17
- Field Training Officer Preparation Class – 10/18-20/17
- Subgun Instructor Class – 9/11-15/17