student services

Financial Aid Process

To be eligible for financial aid all students must be matriculated in a degree program, have a high school diploma or GED, be making satisfactory academic progress, and be attending the classes for which they are registered. In addition to this, you must be a US citizen or an eligible non-citizen and you must not have a defaulted student loan. If you have any general questions regarding your financial aid, you may reach us at 856-374-4985.

How do I apply for financial aid?
The first step in applying for financial aid is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This allows you to apply for federal and state grants. Paper FAFSA forms for the current year and for the upcoming year are available now in the Blackwood and Camden City Campus financial aid offices and at the Rohrer Center Information desk. There is no charge for filing the FAFSA either by mail or online. Filing online at is the fastest, most efficient way to apply for financial aid.

What is the deadline for applying for financial aid?
Your FAFSA must be submitted by May 1. Your financial aid file must be complete by July 1 for the Fall semester and October 1 for the Spring semester to be processed as a priority application. For a file to be complete, you must have had your FAFSA processed by the Department of Education and the results received by the College. You must also have submitted the College's Authorization-Certification form and any other documentation the College, HESAA or the Department of Education requires of you. Priority applications will be processed prior to the start of the semester. However, so long as we have received your processed financial aid application before the end of the semester, we will review your eligibility on a funds-available basis.

Completing the FAFSA
You should complete the FAFSA with your accurate tax information from the prior calendar year. If you are dependent, then you must list both your information and your parents'. If you are married, then you must list information for yourself and your spouse. The application must also be signed and dated. A parent signature is required for dependent students. We encourage you to electronically file your FAFSA with the Department of Education at Filing online is by far the fastest, most efficient method. Before filing online, you (and your parent if you are dependent) should go to and apply for a PIN (an electronic access code number). Having a PIN allows you and your parents to sign your FAFSA electronically, thereby completing the entire process online. If you do not have a PIN, then you must have a printer available to print out and then mail the signature page. In Step Six of the FAFSA, you must tell the Federal Processor which school(s) should receive your information. Enter Camden County College's Federal School Code: 006865

How do I get help?
For your convenience, you can apply for a PIN and /or file online using one of the 'Student Use' computers available at the Blackwood campus, Wilson West 100 (financial aid office lobby), or at the Camden City Campus financial aid office in the Camden Technology Center, room 209.

Online help with the filing process is available at and at You can also obtain help over the telephone at 1-800-433-3243.

For additional information contact the financial aid office:
Blackwood: (856) 374-4985 or Camden: (856) 968-1340.

What happens next?
Approximately 3 to 4 weeks after you have completed your FAFSA, you should receive your Student Aid Report (also known as the SAR) from the Department of Education. The school receives the same information electronically. We will inform you of the status of your application and tell you if we need any additional documentation. Once your file is complete, if you are eligible for aid you should receive an award letter within 2 to 4 weeks.