student services

Financial Aid FAQs

FASFA | General Aid Questions | Verification | Loans


How does Camden County get my FAFSA results?

You need to complete the Camden County Admissions Application and FAFSA application in order for CCC to receive the results of your FAFSA application.

What is CCC's school code?

Our school code is 006865

Do I need a Pin number? Do my parents need a Pin number?

Your PIN allows you and your parents to:

  • Sign" the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) electronically
  • Make online corrections to FAFSA
  • Access your Student Aid Report (SAR)
  • Sign your Master Promissory Note (MPN) or apply for the PLUS loan
  • Access loan history on National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS)

If you have a PIN but cannot remember it, please go to the PIN website: and select Request a duplicate Pin.

Is there a deadline for the FAFSA?

Federal Deadline Online applications must be submitted by June 30th of the award year.

State Deadline
New Jersey - Tuition Aid Grant recipients – prior to June 1st.
All other applicants – prior to October 1st for fall and spring terms; March 1st, for spring term only

College Deadline
CCC has a priority deadline of May 1st, but students can complete the FAFSA at anytime during the year.

Am I still a dependent student if my parents don't support me or help pay for my education?

Yes, until a student is twenty-four federal regulations state that he/she is a dependent student. Only the following criteria would make a student under the age of twenty-four eligible to be an independent student:

  • You have served or are currently serving in a branch of the Armed Forces
  • You are married
  • You have a dependent that you provide more than 50% of financial support for
  • You are an orphan/ward of the court
  • You already have a BA degree and are enrolled in a graduate program of study
  • You are a homeless youth

Some students encounter extenuating circumstances that may warrant the student being considered "Independent" for financial aid purposes. If you believe you are in a situation that would make you independent, a dependency override may be processed and you would not be required to provide parental information. Please contact the Financial Aid Office to discuss your extenuating circumstances and determine if special consideration is needed.

The conditions listed below, singly or in combination, DO NOT qualify as unusual circumstances meriting a dependency override.

  • Your parents refuse to contribute to your education
  • Your parents are unwilling to provide information on the FAFSA; they are unwilling to provide tax forms or W-2s for review of FAFSA data
  • Your parents do not claim you as a dependent for income tax purposes
  • You demonstrate total self-sufficiency

How is the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) determined by the Federal Government after completing the FAFSA?

Your EFC is calculated based on the information that was supplied on your FAFSA application. That is why it is so important to be as accurate as possible when completing the financial aid documents your aid entitlement can be impacted if corrections have to be made. Your EFC may change from year to year, depending on your financial and household situation.

Do I need to file a FAFSA every year?

Financial aid awards are for only one academic year. You are required to fill out a new FAFSA every year that you attend school. It is a good idea to get into the habit of completing the FAFSA each year even if you are not sure you are going to enroll in the upcoming academic year.

I filled out the FAFSA; why was my schedule dropped for non-payment?

Filling out the FAFSA is only the first step. Five days after you receive your confirmation of submission, check your WebAdvisor, call, or come into the Financial Aid Office and find out what additional information is required to complete your file. You will also be sent a letter about what is required to complete your file, so make sure your current address is on file with the college. No actual aid will be awarded to you until your file is complete.

Back to Top

General Aid Questions

Can I receive financial aid if I am not attending full-time?

Yes. Pell eligible student can be awarded even if they are only enrolled in 3 credits. Most other forms of aid, including Direct loans and the TAG grant require students to be enrolled at least 6 credits. The amount of aid you are eligible for may increase or decrease based on your enrollment.

I had to withdraw from all of my classes. What will happen to my financial aid?

A student who completely withdraws at or before 60% of the term may have to return a portion their federal financial aid and may owe a balance to the college. Students earn their federal financial aid based on the percentage of the term that they have attended.

How does the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy affect me?

In order to maintain eligibility for financial aid, you must make satisfactory academic progress. SAP is based on your GPA, credits attempted, the amount of remedial courses you have taken, and the time it takes you to complete your degree. SAP calculations are run a on a yearly basis, and students who fail for one or more of the above reasons will be coded as Unsatisfactory Academic Progress (USAP). They will no longer be eligible for federal aid. Even if a student takes a hiatus from their education, when they return they are still considered USAP. Students may appeal the USAP status in order to be eligible for aid again, but placing an appeal does not guarantee that aid will be awarded.

Please note: 30 remedial credits are allowed for each student. ESL courses are not considered remedial

What is a TUWA? I am unemployed. Can I use this to pay for school?

Camden County College offers a tuition waiver program (TUWA) for students receiving unemployment benefits through the county. The TUWA covers the cost of tuition only; you will be responsible for books, fees, and any other costs incurred. In order to be eligible for the TUWA, you must have a referral form from the New Jersey Division of Unemployment Services. You also must have filed a FAFSA, and completed your financial aid file at CCC. Students may only use the TUWA to register the day before classes are scheduled to begin. Early registration is prohibited.

Can I use my financial aid to purchase books?

Yes, if your financial aid award is more than the cost of your tuition and fees, you will be eligible for a book voucher. The book voucher will be available to you the day after you have been awarded your financial aid, and you registered for classes. They are only available for a limited amount of time each semester, check with the financial aid office for dates. Use your ID card to purchase books with the book voucher.

How can I register to vote?

You are able to access the NJ Department of Election at the following web address. At this site you can complete a voter registration application or check your status. Paper applications are also available in the financial aid office.

Back to Top


Why am I selected for Federal Verification?

FAFSA applications nationwide are selected by the Federal Government for verification. Although the Financial Aid office has no say in who is selected, we are required by federal law to complete verification on any file that has been selected before any aid can be awarded.

How long does the verification process take?

The verification process can take up to 30 days once you have submitted all requested documents to the Financial Aid Office. Sometimes additional documents may also be needed, depending on the complexity of students' individual financial situations. This may add on additional time in completing the process. Check your WebAdvisor and your mail frequently. We will notify you of any missing documents, or of your award.

What happens if I purposely give false or misleading information during verification?

According to statute, the penalty for fraud may be a fine of up to $20,000, prison time, or both.

How do I request a request an IRS tax transcript?

Click here directions.

Back to Top


If I don't qualify for grants, what can I do?

If you are not grant eligible, you can still apply for a Direct Loan. Loans are a form of Financial Aid. They are either subsidized (these loans do not add interest while you are in college because the interest is being paid by the Federal Government) or unsubsidized (these loans do accrue interest throughout the time you are in college).

Do my parents or I make too much money to qualify for a Direct Loan?

No, unlike grants, all students are eligible to receive an unsubsidized Direct Loan, regardless of income and EFC.

Is there a credit check required to receive a Direct Loan?

No, unless you are in default or have reached your borrowing aggregate, you are fully eligible to receive a Direct Loan.

Back to Top