Government Grants are Now Available
Your company may be eligible to receive a Skills4Jersey grant provided by the NJ Department of Labor & Workforce Development to help offset the costs associated with training your workforce. The Corporate Training Institute's expert grant writers have been partnering with New Jersey's employers for over 20 years in the development and delivery of Customized Training grant initiatives.
Funded through NJ's Unemployment Benefit Fund, competitive customized training grants are available to NJ employers via the Workforce Development Partnership (WDP). This program is a key component in the Governor's Economic Growth Strategy and is designed to benefit both employees and employers by enhancing the skills of the workforce, thereby increasing productivity and overall competitiveness of New Jersey's Business and Industry.
• The intention of this program is to enhance NJ's economic development by:
• Creating, retaining and upgrading labor demand occupations.
• Preventing job displacement as a result of: facility closings, national or international competition, or evolving technology.
• Creating jobs as a result of new business openings or business relocation to New Jersey.
• Potential applicants must:
• Meet specific business needs, with an emphasis on training front-line workers.
• Provide occupational specific training, related to the direct production of goods and/or services.
• Be current with any outstanding tax liabilities.
• Provide three years financial statements.
• Allow employees to attend training during work hours.
- • As your training partner, we will assess your training needs, develop your training plan and serve as your liaison to the New Jersey Department of Labor.
- • Once approved, you will have 12 months to complete the training programs.
• We will provide you with a training coordinator (at no charge) to assist you with all aspects of training implementation.
To start your grant application process, please contact:
Attention NJ Manufacturing Companies
Is your company in need of employees with specific skill sets in Advanced Manufacturing?
If so, the National Emergency Grant Dislocated Worker Training may be your answer.
The NEG DWT Grant is a skill building and placement program specifically focused on the advanced manufacturing industry in New Jersey. The grant offers on demand training to match employers with jobseekers. Employers determine their certified worker needs, and jobseekers complete the training prior to employer placement.
Based on employer demand, jobseekers that are qualified and accepted for training can earn one of the following certifications:
- Computer Numerical Controller (CNC)
- Fabricated Metal, National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS)
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
- Certified Production Technician (CPT)
This grant program is federally funded by the USDOL. Federal guidelines require that funding for this grant must be dedicated to training dislocated workers in this growth industry.
New Jersey Companies seeking additional information, please contact Carol McCormick at 856-374-4908, email@example.com.
Train your employees for free with the Corporate Training Institute
This unique opportunity has been made available through a partnership between the New Jersey Business & Industry Association (NJBIA), the New Jersey Community College Consortium for Workforce and Economic Development, and the NJ Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
All New Jersey employers are eligible to participate. However, classes sell out quickly and are reserved on a first come, first serve basis.
Training programs include:
PC Skills - Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint
Mathematics and Measurement
Communications - Verbal, Written, & Customer Service
Two Ways to Participate
Classes Dedicated for Your Organization
You may reserve dedicated classes. A minimum of 10 employees must attend and complete the required hours for each course. Classes can be delivered at your site, or at any one of our campus locations. Times and dates are flexible and designed to suit your needs.
Open Enrollment Classes
Individuals can attend open enrollment classes with other employers, scheduled at our campus locations. Current schedule.
For more information, contact