The entire Camden County College community applauds the accomplishments of the Class of 2017 and extends congratulations for the successes that have brought its members to graduation and the College’s 49th annual Commencement.
This year’s ceremony will be conducted at 10 a.m. Friday, May 12, 2017, in the Truman Courtyard of the Blackwood Campus. The campus is located at College Drive and Peter Cheeseman Road in Gloucester Township.
Please review the contents of this newsletter for information about attending the ceremony as well as for details regarding other activities associated with graduation.
I look forward to seeing you and extending my personal congratulations.
Don A. Borden, President
On April 11, 2017 join Barnes & Noble Bookstore, Blackwood Campus for a Graduation Fair Celebration.
• Completion of all academic program requirements in December, May or August 2017
• Graduation packet filed and approved by the appropriate dean by April 3
• A minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0
• Any outstanding College debts satisfied
• A College ID is required to receive a cap and gown at any location
Graduates: Your participation in the commencement ceremony is greatly encouraged, even though you may have already received your diploma. If you plan to participate, you are required to wear a cap and gown. Caps and Gowns will be available for purchase at any of the three campus bookstores beginning April 10th. The cost will be $38. Students may pay by cash or major credit card, no checks will be accepted.
Graduates who are members of honor societies are permitted to wear ornamentation designated and approved for their specific honor society. Please check with your Honor society advisor for the specific items that have been approved as commencement attire.
GRADUATION APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONSForms Needed for Graduation (PACKET)
Graduation Recommendation Form
1. Complete the Graduation Application.
2. Schedule a meeting with your Program Coordinator or an Academic Advisor to review the Graduation Application.
3. Have your Program Coordinator or an Academic Advisor complete and sign the Graduation Recommendation Form.
4. Sign the Graduation Recommendation Form.
5. Get a copy of your current CCC transcript and degree audit from your Program Coordinator or an Academic Advisor and attach it to the Graduation Recommendation Form.
6. Provide the Program Coordinator or Academic Advisor with a copy of the completed forms.
7. Hand-carry the completed packet to the office of the appropriate Academic Dean by the deadline.
DEADLINESDecember Graduates (courses to be completed at the end of a FALL semester) - December 1
MayGraduates (courses to be completed at the end of a SPRING semester) - April 3
August Graduation (courses to be completed at the end of a SUMMER semester) - July 3*
*Students who wish to participate in the May Commencement ceremony must submit complete packets to the appropriate academic dean by April 3 in order for their names to be printed in the Commencement program.
Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences, Dr. Judith Rowlands, COM CTR 101A
Business, Computers & Technical Studies, Melvin Roberts, CIM 301
Math, Science & Health Careers, William Lavell, Science Bldg 106C
Camden students may leave their forms in the Administrative Office on the second floor of College Hall.
Rohrer students may leave their packets at the Information Desk.
Receive a FREE 8 x 10 portrait if you book an appointment by March 30.*
Membership in the alumni association is free and provides special benefits for its members. For more information about the association, contact Myra Tryon in the Office of Foundation & Alumni Relations at (856) 227-7200, ext. 4927.
Nominate or recommend a student to address the class of 2017.
Commencement Speaker Nomination Form
Commencement Speaker Recommendation Form
Eligible academic year 2015-2016 graduates (August 2015, January 2016, and June 2016) may be considered for election to the College Board of s as a non-voting member. The Alumni serves a one-year term of office beginning in September of each year.
Other criteria for Alumni selection includes:
• Demonstrated high academic achievement,
• Active participation in College activities and in community service,
• Willingness to carry out the responsibilities of serving on the Board of Trustees, and
• Recommendation by a College faculty member or administrator.
At commencement rehearsal you will be asked to vote for student who was nominated for this privilege. Candidate information, voting deadlines and voting instructions will be available on this page.
Alumni Ballot (coming soon)
Alumni Nomination Form
Alumni Recommendation Form
Invitation to Commencement
Graduating? Looking for Work? Need a Resume?
• Resume and cover letter writing
• Interviewing techniques
• Job trends and projections
• Getting the most out of a job fair
• Networking, websites and professionalism and much more.
All graduates will receive additional information regarding the information sessions dates, times and locations as well as how to register via student e-mail.
Please contact Joe Santone, Career Center Coordinator at email@example.com or (856) 227-7200, ext. 4854 with questions regarding the information sessions.
Order your 2017 Commencement DVD!